This is a Hierophant based build focusing on Totems of the Skill Arc. This is a very beginner friendly build because it's very safe and easy to play. If you are part of the Totem Master Race, this build is totally for you.
Easy to play
Good currency farmer
Map mods aren't a problem
Good single target damage
Vulnerable to projectiles
4 Mandatory Uniques, they're are very cheap though
Ring slots occupied by mandatory rings, cap your resistances might get tricky
- The unique body armour Soul Mantle is mandatory for this build, it provides "Socketed gems are supported by level 20 Spell Totem" and 1 additional totem. The downside is that it curses you with a random Curse when a totem dies. But don't worry, here on this guide you are going to learn how to turn this downside into a benefit.
- I recommend Dual Wielding weapons that grant extra damage for you, but if you want extra defenses you can totally wear a Shield on your Off-hand slot.
- I recommend dual wielding Void Battery, each wand grants up to 20% increased cast speed, 1 extra Power charge, and 25% increased spell damage per Power Charge. Since you have 8 Power charges, you end up with 400% increased spell damage minus 80% because of another mod, but 320% increased spell damage is too much man!
- A Singularity is the best budget option for this build, it grants up to 40-70 lightning damage to spells, 30% increased Elemental Damage and 80% increased Damage against Hindered Enemies. Above all nearby enemies will be Hindered with 25% less movement speed. It's a super cheap unique.
- If you want to wear a shield, I recommend Lioneye's Remorse that grants a great amount of Life, Armour and extra defenses against projectiles.
- A rare helmet with life, elemental resistances and armour. Examples here.
- Rare gloves with life, elemental resistances and armour. Examples here.
- Rare boots with movement speed, life, elemental resistances and armour. Examples here.
- A rare belt with life and elemental resistances. Examples here.
- Remember when I said about turning the curses into a benefit? It starts here with Kikazaru as a mandatory ring, it reduces 40% of curse effect on you, with 2 rings you are going to barely feel the curses on you.
- Another Kikazaru
- A rare amulet with life and a lot of dexterity. Examples here.
- Divine Life Flasks. Look for mods like ''instant recovery'', ''removes bleeding'' and ''removes freeze''. Examples here and here.
- Diamond Flask for more critical strikes. Look for mods like "increased duration" and "increased armour during flask effect". Examples here.
- Quicksilver Flask for more movement and clear speed. Look for mods like "increased duration" and "increased movement speed during flask effect". Examples here.
- The good old Atziri's Promise for a big boost to your damage and life leech.
- Helmet: Arc Chains an Additional Time
- Gloves: Of Reflection
- Boots: Elemental Penetration
P.S. Enchantments are not super important, so don't feel bad if you don't have the right ones ;)
- First Choice: Sanctum of Thought (Sepia + Black + Black)
- Alternative Option #1: //
- Alternative Option #2: //
FULL BUILD ATTRIBUTE REQUIREMENTS
- Strength: 138
- Dexterity: 155
- Intelligence: 245
BODY ARMOUR (Must be Soul Mantle)
Added Lightning Damage (If 5 Sockets Linked)
Power Charge on Critical Strike (If 6 Sockets Linked)
GLOVES, BOOTS OR HELMET
Summon Lightning Golem
GLOVES, BOOTS OR HELMET
Vaal Righteous Fire
Arcane Surge (level 10)
GLOVES, BOOTS OR HELMET
Cast When Damage Taken (level 11)
Steelskin (level 16)
Cast When Damage Taken (level 1)
Greater Multiple Projectiles
Arctic Breath (level 8)
HEALTH TYPE: Life
MAIN SKILL TYPE: Totem
STARTER VIABLE: Yes
BEGINNER FRIENDLY: Yes
THIS BUILD'S FAQ
Is there a good place to buy unique items?
- Not only for unique items, poe.trade or pathofexile.com/trade are great websites for trading your items.
I'm lvl 40 and I'm dying a lot, what can I do?
- Please take a look at your Elemental Resistances, they are really important for your survivability. After lvl 40 try to keep at least 50% of each. The meximum is 75%, try to reach that when on end game.
I don't have as much HP as the gameplay shows and I've followed the Skill Tree step by step. Can you help me?
- Look for more HP at your rare gear. You can have ''+89 to maximum life'' on your helmet for instance.
You say the build is cheap, but a 6 Linked body armour is expensive. How?
- 6 Linked body armour is not mandatory for this build to work. Maximize a build with the best possible items and 6 Linkeds takes a good amount of currency. Start using 4 Linkeds on low tier maps in order to farm currency to upgrade your gear.
How do you generate Power and Endurance Charges
- The ascendancy Hierophant has a Passive called "Conviction of Power" that grants 50% chance to get a power charge when you place a totem and 25% change to get an endurance charge when you get a power charge.
Cast When Damage Taken cannot trigger Vaal skills, why do you put them on the same setup?
- Vaal Haste is not there to be triggered by Cast When Damage Taken, but to be supported by Increased Duration.
Why Arcane Surge level 10?