This is a Hierophant based build focusing on Totems of the Skill Arc. This is a very beginner friendly build because it's very safe and easy to play. If you are part of the Totem Master Race, this build is totally for you.
Easy to play
Good currency farmer
Map mods aren't a problem
Great single target damage
4 Mandatory Uniques, they're are very cheap though
Ring slots occupied by mandatory rings, cap your resistances might get tricky
- The unique body armour Soul Mantle is mandatory for this build, it provides "Socketed gems are supported by level 20 Spell Totem" and 1 additional totem. The downside is that it curses you with a random Curse when a totem dies. But don't worry, here on this guide you are going to learn how to turn this downside into a benefit.
- A Singularity is the cheapest weapon for this build, it grants up to 40-70 lightning damage to spells, 30% increased Elemental Damage and 80% increased Damage against Hindered Enemies. Above all nearby enemies will be Hindered with 25% less movement speed.
- As soon as you get a little more currency get is a rare wand with at least 80% increased spell damage, 80% increased critical chance for spells and +1 to all lightning spell skill gems. Examples here.
- You need a shield with some life and +1 Totem. Examples here.
- If you have more currency you can buy one with some Energy Shield, some life, some spell damage and critical strike chance for spells. Examples here.
- I recommend The Brine Crown, it grants up to 100 life, 126 energy shield, 50% cold resistance and freeze immunity.
- If you have more currency you can buy a rare helmet with life, energy shield and nearby enemies have -9% to lightning resistance. Examples here.
- Rare gloves with life, elemental resistances and energy shield. Examples here.
- Rare boots with movement speed, life, elemental resistances and armour. Examples here.
- A rare belt with life and elemental resistances. Examples here.
- Remember when I said about turning the curses into a benefit? It starts here with Kikazaru as a mandatory ring, it reduces 40% of curse effect on you, with 2 rings you are going to barely feel the curses on you.
- Another Kikazaru
- A rare amulet with life, elemental resistances and a lot of dexterity. Examples here.
- Divine Life Flasks. Look for mods like ''instant recovery'', ''removes bleeding'' and ''removes freeze''. Examples here and here.
- Diamond Flask for more critical strikes. Look for mods like "increased duration" and "increased armour during flask effect". Examples here.
- Silver Flask for more cast, movement and clear speed. Look for mods like "increased duration" and "increased movement speed during flask effect". Examples here.
- A Wise Oak to boost your damage with Lightning penetration. Remember that your uncapped lightning resistance must be the highest. Details here.
- A Rumi's Concoction grants extra block chance and armour.
- Helmet: Arc chains an additional time
- Gloves: Of Reflection
- Boots: Elemental Penetration
P.S. Enchantments are not super important, so don't feel bad if you don't have the right ones ;)
- First Choice: Sanctum of Thought (Sepia + Black + Black)
- Alternative Option #1: //
- Alternative Option #2: //
FULL BUILD ATTRIBUTE REQUIREMENTS
- Strength: 155
- Dexterity: 155
- Intelligence: 155
BODY ARMOUR (Must be Soul Mantle)
Added Lightning Damage
Controlled Destruction (If 5 Sockets Linked)
Lightning Penetration (If 6 Sockets Linked)
Summon Lightning Golem
Wave of Conviction
HEALTH TYPE: Life
MAIN SKILL TYPE: Totem
STARTER VIABLE: Yes
BEGINNER FRIENDLY: Yes
THIS BUILD'S FAQ
Is there a good place to buy unique items?
- Not only for unique items, poe.trade or pathofexile.com/trade are great websites for trading your items.
I'm lvl 40 and I'm dying a lot, what can I do?
- Please take a look at your Elemental Resistances, they are really important for your survivability. After lvl 40 try to keep at least 50% of each. The meximum is 75%, try to reach that when on end game.
I don't have as much HP as the gameplay shows and I've followed the Skill Tree step by step. Can you help me?
- Look for more HP at your rare gear. You can have ''+89 to maximum life'' on your helmet for instance.
You say the build is cheap, but a 6 Linked body armour is expensive. How?