Main source of damage. Casts an icy projectile which has a chance to freeze enemies it passes through. The projectile fades quickly, reducing damage and freezing chance until it dissipates.
Vaal Blade Vortex
Remember the special Helmet with “Socketed Gems supported by Hypothermia”? It is for this Vaal Blade Vortex setup, activate when fighting a boss and it will deal a lot of damage.
Debuffs bosses’ cold resistance for more damage. It will also trigger Arcane Surge for a Spell Damage and Cast Speed Buff
Orb of Storms
It triggers Arcane Surge for a Spell Damage and Cast Speed Buff, it also instant kill enemies with 10% life or lower.
Vaal Righteous Fire
Temporary aura that grants 39% more spell damage. (use it on bosses)
Temporary aura that grants a huge amount of chance to dodge attacks and spells. (use it on bosses)
Grants 15% more spell damage, 39% increased critical spell chance and create consecrated ground that grants extra life regeneration and critical chance.
Herald of Ice
Buff that grants extra damage and clear speed.
Keep chilling and shocking your enemies for extra damage and survivability.
Great movement skill.
- Cold Damage
- Spell Damage
- Projectile Damage
- Maximum Life
- Critical Multiplier
- I highly recommend you to get an Abyssal jewel with "Chance to gain Onslaught on kill", it increases a lot your clear speed. Examples here.
- I highly recommend getting a Militant Faith. It grants Inner Conviction, that gives you 3% more damage for each power charge. Click here for more information about this jewel and how to use it.
- Help Alira and get 20% critical multiplier, 15% to all elemental resistances and mana regeneration.
This build has a very easy leveling process. You can start using Freezing Pulse already on level 1. For auras and detailed leveling setups click here.
- Elreon Jewelry are in my opinion the best items to level any build, imagine goes all the way until lvl 50 ~ 60 without needing to spend one single Mana point. But low level ones might be hard to acquire if you are not playing on Standard. If you are playing on the Challenge League check the next ring.
- Praxis are the mana rings you want if you couldn't get a nice Elreon Ring. It grants a lot of mana regeneration and -8 to total mana cost of skills. (equipable at level 22)
- Lochitonial Caress for gloves, mainly because of it's cast speed buff. (equipable at level 1)
- Asenath's Mark is an offensive helmet, gives you even more cast speed. equipable at level 8)
- Goldrim is a defensive Helmet, gives you more elemental resistances (equipable at level 1)
- String of Servitude is another awesome and cheap way to get a lot of elemental resistances. (equipable at level 1).
- Wanderlust for movement speed and frozen immunity (equipable at level 3)
- Tabula Rasa is a great body armour for leveling, it provides a 6 Linked starting on level 1, not so cheap though. (equipable at level 1)
- Lifesprig is awesome to level cast speed characters, use two of them. (equipable at level 1)
- Axiom Perpetuum is totally awesome for leveling up this build, it grants elemental damage, cast speed and a LOT of critical chance. (equipable at level 10)
- Heartbreaker is your option when you reach level 50, it grants up to 70% increased spell damage, 30% critical chance and Culling Strike. Use 2 until you get all 3 extra Power Charges on your skill Tree, then start using 2 Tulborn.