BALL LIGHTNING MINES
This is a Saboteur based build focusing on Ball Lightning Mine. This Build has a great clear speed and an unbelievable single target damage (even with budget gear). It's a great build for beginners because it's powerful and easy to play.
Easy to play
Good currency farmer
Can do all map mods
Awesome Single Target Damage
Powerful Even Without Much Investment
You Need to Keep Detonating your Mines
Vulnerable to Chaos Damage
- The best body armour for this build would be an Elder one with a lot life, and more critical strike chance for spells. Examples here.
- As a budget option I recommend a Belly of The Beast, it provides up to 40% increased maximum life and 15% to all elemental resistances.
- The best weapon you can get is a rare wand with at least 80% increased spell damage, 80% increased critical chance for spells and +1 to all lightning spell skill gems. Examples here.
- But Singularity is an awesome budget alternative for you. It increases your damage and even add another defense layer slowing nearby enemies in 25%.
- A rare helmet with life, elemental resistances and Energy Shield. Examples here.
- Machina Mitts are awesome, they leech mine damage as life to you.
- Or you can also use rare Energy shield gloves with life and elemental resistances. Examples here.
- Rare energy shield boots with movement speed, life and elemental resistances. Examples here.
- If you already capped your Elemental Resisntaces I recommend Atziri's Steps, they grant Evasion, Life and chance to dodge Spells.
- A rare belt with life, Strength and elemental resistances. Examples here.
- Essence Worm ring is mandatory because it gives you the chance to use an Aura without reserving more mana. Let's use it to activate Wrath for more damage.
- A rare Ring with life, Strength and some elemental resistances. Examples here.
AMULET [Anointments Tips]
- Rare Amulet with Life, Dexterity, Strength and some resistances. Examples here.
- Divine Life Flasks. Look for mods like ''instant recovery'', ''removes bleeding'' and ''removes freeze''. Examples here and here.
- Diamond Flask for more critical strikes. Look for mods like "increased duration" and "increased evasion during flask effect". Examples here.
- 1 Quicksilver Flask for more clear speed. Examples here.
- The good old Atziri's Promise for a big boost to your damage.
- A Wise Oak to boost your damage with Lightning penetration. Remember that your uncapped lightning resistance must be the highest. Details here.
- It's also good to have a Dying Sun because it not only grants 2 extra projectiles but also increases your area of effect in 30%.
Lesser Multiple Projectiles
Trap and Mine Damage
Inspiration (If 5 Sockets Linked)
Swift Assembly (If 6 Sockets Linked)
Orb of Storms
Arcane Surge (level 4)
Curse on Hit
Cast When Damage Taken (level 11)
Steelskin (level 16)
Vaal Righteous Fire
Summon Stone Golem
Wave of Conviction
HEALTH TYPE: Life
MAIN SKILL TYPE: Mines
STARTER VIABLE: Yes
BEGINNER FRIENDLY: Yes
THIS BUILD'S FAQ
Is there a good place to buy unique items?
- Not only for unique items, poe.trade or pathofexile.com/trade are great websites for trading your items.
I'm lvl 40 and I'm dying a lot, what can I do?
- Please take a look at your Elemental Resistances, they are really important for your survivability. After lvl 40 try to keep at least 50% of each. The meximum is 75%, try to reach that when on end game.
I don't have as much HP as the gameplay shows and I've followed the Skill Tree step by step. Can you help me?
- Look for more HP on your rare gear. You can have ''+89 to maximum life'' on your helmet for instance.
You say the Build is Cheap, but there are some expensive recommended items there. How?
- Those items are only Recommended and not Mandatory. Maximize a build with the best possible items and 6L takes a good amount of currency, start using 4L on low tier maps to farm your Currency
I don't have enough Strength for all those gems, what can I do?