ELEMENTAL ETHEREAL KNIVES
This is a Elementalist based build focusing on the Skill Ethereal Knives. This build is fast, powerful and fun, everything you might ask for. It's not expensive to build but it gets super strong with more investment.
Easy to play
Great Single Target Damage
Great Clear Speed
Many mandatory Uniques
Vulnerable to Chaos Damage
Can't run Elemental Reflect Maps
- The best body armour for this build would be an Elder one with a lot life, and more critical strike chance for spells. Examples here.
- While saving currency you can use a budget one. Examples here.
- I recommend Singularity, it grants a huge amount of spell damage and even increases your survivability.
- If you are rich you can beat Singularity with a rare dagger with Physical Damage as extra Cold Damage, Spell Damage and a good amount of Critical Chance. Examples here.
- Get yourself a Helmet with "Socketed gems are supported by level xx Hypothermia". We'll use it for Vall Brade Vortex that will help our single target damage. Examples here.
- Hrimsorrow is mandatory because it converts 50% of your physical damage to cold damage.
- Rare Armour boots with movement speed, life and elemental resistances. Examples here.
- A rare belt with life and elemental resistances. Examples here.
- An Essence Worm ring is mandotory, so we can use the Hatred Aura without sacrificing a huge amount of mana.
- A rare Ring with life, mana regeneration and some elemental resistances. Examples here.
- I recommend a rare Amulet with Life and some resistances. Examples here.
- The Pandemonius is expensive and not mandatory, but if you have the money to buy it you should. This amulet grants 20% cold penetration, 30% increased cold damage and it blinds your enemies granting more survivability.
- Divine Life Flasks. Look for mods like ''instant recovery'', ''removes bleeding'' and ''removes freeze''. Examples here and here.
- Quicksilver Flask is awesome to increase your movement speed. Look for "Increased Duration" and "Increased Movement Speed during flask effect". Examples here.
- 1 Stibnite Flask for evasion boost and blind source for your enemies. Examples here.
- Diamond Flask for more critical strikes. Look for mods like "increased duration" and "increased evasion during flask effect". Examples here.
- The good old Atziri's Promise for a big boost to your damage and life leech.
- Taste of Hate is awesome for this build, it grants up to 20% of your physical damage as extra cold damage.
- If you have a good amount of currency you can also use Sin's Rebirth for more damage. Use it instead of the Magic Stibnit Flask.
- Gloves: Of Reflection.
- Boots: Elemental Penetration.
P.S. Enchantments are not super important, so don't feel bad if you don't have the right ones ;)
- First Choice: Arcane Potency (Azure + Black + Silver)
- Alternative Option #1: Master of Force (Black + Black + Opalescent)
- Alternative Option #2: //
FULL BUILD ATTRIBUTE REQUIREMENTS
- Strength: 113
- Dexterity: 155
- Intelligence: 155
Controlled Destruction (If 5 Sockets Linked)
When facing bosses, change Pierce for Hypothermia
Increased Critical Damage (If 6 Sockets Linked)
Vaal Blade Vortex
GLOVES OR BOOTS
Herald of Ash
Herald of Thunder
Herald of Ice
GLOVES OR BOOTS
Cast When Damage Taken (level 11)
Steelskin (level 16)
Summon Ice Golem
Vaal Righteous Fire
THIS BUILD'S FAQ
Is there a good place to buy unique items?
- Not only for unique items, poe.trade or pathofexile.com/trade are great websites for trading your items.
I'm lvl 40 and I'm dying a lot, what can I do?
- Please take a look at your Elemental Resistances, they are really important for your survivability. After lvl 40 try to keep at least 50% of each. The meximum is 75%, try to reach that when on end game.
I don't have as much HP as the gameplay shows and I've followed the Skill Tree step by step. Can you help me?
- Look for more HP at your rare gear. You can have ''+89 to maximum life'' on your helmet for instance.
You say the build is cheap, but a 6 Linked body armour is expensive. How?
- 6 Linked body armour is not mandatory for this build to work. Maximize a build with the best possible items and 6 Linkeds takes a good amount of currency. Start using 4 Linkeds on low tier maps in order to farm currency to upgrade your gear.
Why Arcane Surge level 6?