This is a Champion based build focusing on the Skill Frost Blades. Great build for fast clearing maps. Has an easy leveling process and it's cheap, great for beginners looking for a build to start a new League.
Great Clear Speed
Great Single Target
Vulnerable to Physical Damage
- A Loreweave is not cheap but it’s the best to boost your damage, it grants up to 50% increased Elemental Damage, 60% increased Global Critical Chance and adds 10 – 36 physical damage to attacks.
- A good alternative is Belly of the Beast, it provides up to 40% increased maximum life and 15% to all elemental resistances.
- A Lightning Coil is also an awesome choice because it provides "30% of physical damage taken as lightning damage" It helps to endure the extra damage taken because of Abyssus.
- You can also use a rare body armour with life, elemental resistances and armour. Examples here.
- At least 1 Bloodseeker is mandatory for this build because of the Instant Life Leech. has up to 256 physical DPS, 25% attack speed, increased critical chance and it's super cheap.
- I recommend Touch of Anguish, it has up to 278 physical DPS, 30% cold damage, increased critical chance, projectile chain and it's super cheap.
- Or a rare claw with high physical dps. Examples here.
- I recommend Abyssus , because it gives a huge amount of extra damage. You become vulnerable to physical damage though.
- Starkonja's Head is a good alternative if you want to stay safe, it provides up to 100 maximum life and a huge evasion buff when on low life.
- Rat's Nest is a good balance between defensive (Starkonja's) and offensive (Abyssus), it provides 15% attack speed and up to 75% increased critical chance.
- Or A rare helmet with life, elemental resistances and evasion. Examples here.
- Rare gloves with life, elemental resistances and evasion. Examples here.
- Rare boots with movement speed, life, elemental resistances and evasion. Examples here.
- A rare belt with life, elemental resistances and elemental damage with attacks. Examples here.
- A rare ring with life, elemental resistances and strength. Examples here.
- A rare ring with life, elemental resistances and intelligence. Examples here.
- A cold Impresence is mandatory if you want to run all 3 auras, it reduces the mana reserved by Frostbite in 100%.
- Divine Life Flasks. Look for mods like ''instant recovery'', ''removes bleeding'' and ''removes freeze''. Examples here and here.
- Diamond Flask for more critical strikes. Look for mods like "increased duration" and "increased armour during flask effect". Examples here.
- A Wise Oak to boost your damage with cold penetration. Remember that your uncapped cold resistance must be the highest. Details here.
- A Lion's Roar to boost your armour and melee physical damage.
- The good old Atziri's Promise for a big boost to your damage and life leech.
- If you have a good amount of currency you can also use Taste of Hate for more damage
- Helmet: 40% Increased Forst Blades Damage
- Gloves: Of Fury
- Boots: Elemental Penetration
P.S. Enchantments are not super important, so don't feel bad if you don't have the right ones ;)
- First Choice: Disemboweling (Verdant + Violet + Golden)
- Alternative Option #1: True Strike (Teal + Crimson + Black)
- Alternative Option #2: //
FULL BUILD ATTRIBUTE REQUIREMENTS
- Strength: 155
- Dexterity: 155
- Intelligence: 113
Change Ancestral Call for Ruthless when facing bosses
Elemental Damage with Attacks
Fortify (If 5 Linked Sockets)
Melee Physical Damage (If 6 Linked Sockets)
BOOTS OR HELMET
Cast When Damage Taken (level 11)
Steelskin (level 16)
BOOTS OR HELMET
Herald of Ice
HEALTH TYPE: Life
MAIN SKILL TYPE: Melee Attack
STARTER VIABLE: Yes
BEGINNER FRIENDLY: Yes
THIS BUILD'S FAQ
Is there a good place to buy unique items?
- Not only for unique items, poe.trade or pathofexile.com/trade are great websites for trading your items.
I'm lvl 40 and I'm dying a lot, what can I do?
- Please take a look at your Elemental Resistances, they are really important for your survivability. After lvl 40 try to keep at least 50% of each. The meximum is 75%, try to reach that when on end game.
I don't have as much HP as the gameplay shows and I've followed the Skill Tree step by step. Can you help me?
- Look for more HP at your rare gear. You can have ''+89 to maximum life'' on your helmet for instance.
You say the build is cheap, but there are some expensive recommended items there. How?