Main source of damage. Fires a projectile that applies a damage over time debuff when it hits. You are healed for a portion of the debuff damage. The debuff is spread by Contagion.
Spreads Essence Drain.
Wither totems are going to apply the Wither debuff for a lot of extra chaos damage taken.
Bligh / Vaal Blight
Adds multiple layers of damage over time on bosses. This is going to highly increase your single target damage. Vaal Blight will cause bosses to take 20% increased chaos damage.
Great movement skill to dodge heavy attacks.
Vaal Righteous Fire
Temporary aura that grants 39% more spell damage. (use it on bosses)
Keep Shocking and Chilling enemies for more damage and survivability.
Aura that grants more Damage over Time.
Aura that grants extra Energy Shield.
- Spell Damage
- Chaos Damage
- Damage over Time
- DoT Multiplier
- Maximum Life
- I highly recommend you to get an Abyssal jewel with "Chance to gain Onslaught on kill", it increases a lot your clear speed. Examples here.
- With +X% to damage over time multiplier while affected by Malevolence. It's expensive and not mandatory at all. But it improves your damage. Examples here.
- 1 Cluster Jewel with Touch of Cruelty. Examples here.
- 2 Cluster Jewels with Flow of Life. Examples here.
- Cluster Jewel details here.
- If you don't have the Cluster jewel use this TREE.
- Help Eramir and get 2 extra Passive Points for your Skill Tree.
This build has an easy leveling process. You can start using Spark until level 12, then change to Essence Drain/Contagion. For auras and detailed leveling setups click here.
- Elreon Jewelry are in my opinion the best items to level any build, imagine goes all the way until lvl 50 ~ 60 without needing to spend one single Mana point. But low level ones might be hard to acquire if you are not playing on Standard. If you are playing on the Challenge League check the next ring.
- Praxis are the mana rings you want if you couldn't get a nice Elreon Ring. It grants a lot of mana regeneration and -8 to total mana cost of skills. (equipable at level 22)
- Lochitonial Caress for gloves, mainly because of it's cast speed buff. (equipable at level 1)
- Asenath's Mark is an offensive helmet, gives you even more cast speed. equipable at level 8)
- Goldrim is a defensive Helmet, gives you more elemental resistances (equipable at level 1)
- String of Servitude is another awesome and cheap way to get a lot of elemental resistances. (equipable at level 1).
- Wanderlust for movement speed and frozen immunity (equipable at level 3)
- Tabula Rasa is a great body armour for leveling, it provides a 6 Linked starting on level 1, not so cheap though. (equipable at level 1)
- Lifesprig is awesome to level cast speed characters, use two of them. (equipable at level 1)
- The Dark Seer grants up to 82% increased damage. Use 2 until level 60 when you'll equip Cane of Unravelling. (equipable at level 32)