This is a Assassin based build focusing on the Skill Ethereal Knives. Great build for fast clearing maps, having lots of fun and an essential training for those willing for the title of Hokage. Has an easy leveling process and it's cheap.
Awesome Clear Speed
Vulnerable to Physical Damage
Needs secondary weapon for better single target damage
Hard to get the right colors on the best unique body armour
- I recommend a Belly of the Beast, it provides up to 40% increased maximum life and 15% to all elemental resistances. It's the best unique body armour for this build, but getting 4 blue sockets here is a pain in the ass.
- Another good alternative is Atziri's Splendour, it grants up to 1777 evasion, 100 life, 24% to all elemental resistances, life and mana on hit. It's easy to get the 4 Blue sockets on this one.
- You can also use a rare Evasion/Energy shield hybrid body armour with life and elemental resistances. Examples here.
- The best Dagger you can get is a shaped one with physical damage as extra cold damage, critical chance for spells and spell damage. Examples here.
- Unfortunately a shaped dagger like that is expensive, so I recommend you to use a Divinarius as a great budget alternative.
- I recommend you to use a Heretic's Veil because it already comes with Blasphemy and 12% reduced mana reservation for curses.
- But if want to wear a rare helmet, look for one with life, elemental resistances and evasion . Examples here.
- Rare gloves with life, elemental resistances and evasion. Examples here.
- I recommend the Voidwalker, because it provides pierce and phasing, helping you offensively and defensively at the same time.
- Rare boots with movement speed, life, elemental resistances and evasion. Examples here.
- A rare shield critical chance for spells, life and spell damage. Examples here
- A rare belt with life and elemental resistances. Examples here.
- A rare ring with life, cold damage and, if possible, elemental resistances. Examples here.
- An Essence Worm ring is mandatory.
- For you amulet I suggest you to get one with life and high strength and intelligence. Examples here.
- Divine Life Flasks. Look for mods like ''instant recovery'', ''removes bleeding'' and ''removes freeze''. Examples here and here.
- 1 Stibnite Flask for evasion boost and blind source for your enemies. Examples here.
- Diamond Flask for more critical strikes. Look for mods like "increased duration" and "increased evasion during flask effect". Examples here.
- Rumis's Concoction as a defensive flask to boost your armour and block chance.
- The good old Atziri's Promise for a big boost to your damage and life leech.
- If you have a good amount of currency you can also use Taste of Hate and Sin's Rebirth for more damage
Change Faster Projectiles for Slower Projectiles when facing bosses
Increased Critical Damage
Controlled Destruction (If 5 Linked Sockets)
Increased Critical Strikes (If 6 Linked Sockets)
HELMET IF HERETIC'S VEIL
Herald of Ice
Herald of Ice
GLOVES OR BOOTS
GLOVES OR BOOTS
Cast When Damage Taken (level 1)
Immortal Call (level 3)
Frost Bomb (level 10)
Summon Lightning Golem
For Guardian, Shaper or Elder use:
STAFF (PLEDGE OF HANDS)
Increased Critical Damage
Cold Penetration (If 5 Linked Sockets)
Efficacy (If 6 Linked Sockets)
HEALTH TYPE: Life
MAIN SKILL TYPE: Spell Projectile
STARTER VIABLE: Yes
BEGINNER FRIENDLY: Yes
THIS BUILD'S FAQ
Is there a good place to buy unique items?
- Not only for unique items, poe.trade or pathofexile.com/trade are great websites for trading your items.
I'm lvl 40 and I'm dying a lot, what can I do?
- Please take a look at your Elemental Resistances, they are really important for your survivability. After lvl 40 try to keep at least 50% of each. The meximum is 75%, try to reach that when on end game.
I don't have as much HP as the gameplay shows and I've followed the Skill Tree step by step. Can you help me?
- Look for more HP at your rare gear. You can have ''+89 to maximum life'' on your helmet for instance.
You say the build is cheap, but there are some expensive recommended items there. How?
- Those items are only recommended and not mandatory. Maximize a build with the best possible items and 6 Linkeds takes a good amount of currency. Start using 4 Linkeds on low tier maps in order to farm currency to upgrade your gear.
Why Cast When Damage Taken at level 1 and Immortal Call at level 3?
- Cast When Damage Taken can only support spell gems that have the same required level or lower. At level 1 the required level of Cast When Damage Taken is 38, the same as Immortal Call at level 3.
How do you generate Power charges?
- The ascendancy Assassin has a passive called Unstable Infusion that grants Power charges on critical hits.
How do you generate Frenzy charges?
- Blood Rage provides Frenzy Charges on kill
How do you generate Endurance charges?
- Warlord's Mark aura grants Endurance charges on kill
My Frost Bomb setup is not working, can you help me?
- Please make sure that Cast When Damage Taken is level 1 and Frost Bomb level 10
I don’t understand why there’s a Pledge of Hands with a Blade Vortex setup there, can you explain?
- This Blade Vortex setup is for big bosses like Guardians and Shaper where Ethereal Knives is not a very good skill. You need to keep Pledge of Hands as Secondary weapon and change it pressing “X” when the time is right.
I’m having mana problems, can you help me?