This is a Saboteur based build focusing on the Skill Fire Trap. This Build has a great clear speed and it's able to clear all end game content. It's a great build for beginners because it powerful and easy to play.
Easy to play
Good currency farmer
Can do all map mods
Great Single Target Damage
Mind Over Matter
No Reserved Mana
Not as fast as Arc Traps
No Life or Mana Leech
Vulnerable to Chaos Damage
- Tinkerskin is mandatory for this build, It grants up to 90 Life, 15% less cooldown for traps, 1238 Evasion, extra Life Regeneration, Frenzy Charges generation and more. But the real reason this one is mandatory is because trap builds use too much Mana, and we’re willing to use our Mana for survivability (Mind over Matter). So we’re taking Eldritch Battery that makes our Energy Shield protect our Mana. This unique body armour grants “ Recover 50 Energy Shield when your trap is triggered by an enemy”, so we always have Energy Shield to throw Traps and we also have a big Mana pool for Mind Over Matter. No bad news this time, this one is pretty cheap.
- A Divinarius is my suggestion for this build, it grants up to 130% increased critical chance and 70% increased spell damage.
- If you have currency you can also buy a rare dagger with spell damage, critical chance and critical multiplier. Examples here.
- An Energy Shield Shield with Spell Damage, Life, and Critical Chance. Examples here.
- The best would be a rare helmet crafted with Essence of Horror for 30% more elemental damage, with life. Examples here.
- You can also wear a rare helmet with life, elemental resistances and Energy Shield. Examples here.
- Rare Armour gloves with life and elemental resistances. Examples here.
- Rare energy shield boots with movement speed, life and elemental resistances. Examples here.
- A rare belt with life and elemental resistances. Examples here.
- An Essence Worm ring is mandotory, so we can use the Anger Aura without sacrificing a huge amount of mana.
- A rare Ring with life, Strength and some elemental resistances. Examples here.
- A rare Amulet with Life, Strength and some resistances. Examples here.
- Divine Life Flasks. Look for mods like ''instant recovery'', ''removes bleeding'' and ''removes freeze''. Examples here and here.
- Diamond Flask for more critical strikes. Look for mods like "increased duration" and "increased evasion during flask effect". Examples here.
- The good old Atziri's Promise for a big boost to your damage and life leech.
- A Wise Oak to boost your damage with Lightning penetration. Remember that your uncapped lightning resistance must be the highest. Details here.
Trap and Mine Damage
Increased Area of Effect
Combustion (If 5 Sockets Linked)
Fire Penetration (If 6 Sockets Linked)
Change Increased Area of Effect for Concentrated Effect when facing bosses
Trap and Mine Damage
Cast When Damage Taken (level 1)
Immortal Call (level 3)
Orb of Storms
Curse on Hit
Summon Stone Golem
Minion and Totem Elemental Resistances
HEALTH TYPE: Life
MAIN SKILL TYPE: Traps
STARTER VIABLE: Yes
BEGINNER FRIENDLY: Yes
THIS BUILD'S FAQ
Is there a good place to buy unique items?
- Not only for unique items, poe.trade or pathofexile.com/trade are great websites for trading your items.
I'm lvl 40 and I'm dying a lot, what can I do?
- Please take a look at your Elemental Resistances, they are really important for your survivability. After lvl 40 try to keep at least 50% of each. The meximum is 75%, try to reach that when on end game.
I don't have as much HP as the gameplay shows and I've followed the Skill Tree step by step. Can you help me?
- Look for more HP on your rare gear. You can have ''+89 to maximum life'' on your helmet for instance.
You say the Build is Cheap, but there are some expensive recommended items there. How?
- Those items are only Recommended and not Mandatory. Maximize a build with the best possible items and 6L takes a good amount of currency, start using 4L on low tier maps to farm your Currency
It's hard to lvl up, my mana ends too fast. What can I do?
- You can use mana flasks or Elreon Jewelry with ''-8 to mana cost of skills''. You can buy a lvl 1 Elreon Jewelry clicking here.
I don't have enough Strength for all those gems, what can I do?
- Look for Strength on your rare items. You can also take the +30 nodes on the Skill Tree.
Why Immortal Call if you don't generate endurance charges?
- Endurance Charges are not mandatory for Immortal Call work, they just make it last longer.
Why Cast When Damage Taken at level 1 and Immortal Call at level 3?
- Cast When Damage Taken can only support spell gems that have the same required level or lower.
My Immortal Call is not working, can you help me?
- Please make sure that Cast When Damage Taken is level 1 and Immortal Call level 3
Cast When Damage Taken cannot trigger Vaal Skills, why do you put them on the same setup?