This is a Chieftain based build focusing on the Skill Flame Totem. This is a very beginner friendly build because it's very safe and easy to play. If you are part of the Totem Master Race, this build is totally for you.
Easy to play
Good currency farmer
Can Clear All Map Mods
Slow Clear Speed
Vulnerable to projectiles
- I recommend a Infernal Mantle, it provides a DPS boost for fire skills and even converts 15% fire damage to chaos.
- You can also use a rare body armour with life, elemental resistances and armour. Examples here.
- A rare dagger with spell damage, cast speed and critical chance for spells. Examples here.
- I recommend Divinarius, it's very cheap and grants up to 70% spell damage and 130% increased critical chance for spells.
- A rare helmet with life, elemental resistances and armour. Examples here.
- A Malachai's Simula is MANDATORY if you don't have a Tukohama's Fortress because you need to have Blood Magic on this build, and Malachai's Simula is the cheapest source of it.
- Even if you have Tukohama's Fortress, upgrading Malachai's Simula to Malachai's Awakening using a The Nighmare Awakens is highly recommended because it increases a lot the DPS of your totems.
- Rare gloves with life, elemental resistances and armour. Examples here.
- I recommend Voidbringer, it grants up to 150% increased critical chance for spells.
- A good alternative is Winds of Change, it has up to 6 Life, 30% projectile speed and 50% projectile damage.
- Rare boots with movement speed, life, elemental resistances and armour. Examples here.
- Tukohama's Fortress is the best item for this build, but is not cheap, I highly recommend you to save currency yo buy one. It grants 1 extra totem, up to 130 life , 40% totem damage and Blood Magic.
- While saving currency you can use a Lioneye's Remorse, it's a great shield for a totem build, grants up to 1728 armour, 210 life, 30% chance to block and even has extra defense against projectiles.
- You can also use a rare shield with life, elemental resistances and armour. Examples here.
- A rare belt with life and elemental resistances. Examples here.
- An Essence Worm ring is mandatory for this build, it gives us the chance to use an Aura without reserving any of your health.
- A rare ring with life and elemental resistances. Examples here.
- A rare amulet with life and dexterity. Examples here.
- 2 Divine Life Flasks. Look for mods like ''instant recovery'', ''removes bleeding'' and ''removes freeze''. Examples here and here.
- Diamond Flask for more critical chance. Examples here.
- The good old Atziri's Promise for a big boost to your damage and life leech.
- A Wise Oak to boost your damage with fire penetration. Remember that your uncapped fire resistance must be the highest. Details here.
- Rumis's Concoction as a defensive flask to boost your armour and block chance.
During boss fights change Multiple Totems for Fire Penetration
Orb of Storms
Power Charge on Critical
Increased Area of Effect
Cast When Damage Taken (level 2)
Greater Multiple Projectiles
Arctic Breath (level 5)
Summon Lightning Golem
Cast When Damage Taken (level 11)
Immortal Call (level 13)
Temporal Chains (level 14)
HEALTH TYPE: Life
MAIN SKILL TYPE: Totem
STARTER VIABLE: Yes
BEGINNER FRIENDLY: Yes
THIS BUILD'S FAQ
Is there a good place to buy unique items?
- Not only for unique items, poe.trade or pathofexile.com/trade are great websites for trading your items.
I'm lvl 40 and I'm dying a lot, what can I do?
- Please take a look at your Elemental Resistances, they are really important for your survivability. After lvl 40 try to keep at least 50% of each. The meximum is 75%, try to reach that when on end game.
I don't have as much HP as the gameplay shows and I've followed the Skill Tree step by step. Can you help me?
- Look for more HP at your rare gear. You can have ''+89 to maximum life'' on your helmet for instance.
You say the Build is Cheap, but there are some expensive recommended items there. How?
- Those items are only recommended and not mandatory. Maximize a build with the best possible items and 6L takes a good amount of currency, start using 4L on low tier maps to farm your Currency
Anger takes off half of my life, why?
- As you can see at the start of this video, the Essence Worm ring was listed as a Mandatory Unique Item, Auras socketed on this ring don’t reserve any life. Socket your Anger Aura there
Why Cast When Damage Taken at level 11 and Immortal Call at level 13?
- Cast When Damage Taken can only support spell gems that have the same required level or lower. At level 11 the required level of Cast When Damage Taken is 58, the same as Immortal Call at level 13.
Why Immortal Call if you don’t generate Endurance Charges?
- Endurance Charges are not mandatory for Immortal Call to work, they just make it last longer
How do you generate Power Charges?
- Orb of Storms + Power Charge on Critical Strike
My Arctic Breath setup isn't working, what am I doing wrong?