Main source of damage. An icy projectile which has a chance to freeze enemies it passes through. The projectile fades quickly, reducing damage and freezing chance until it dissipates. Remember that this skill must be socketed in your Soul Mantle, so it'll be turned into a Totem Skill.
Main source of single target damage. When facing bosses replace Freezing Pulse with Ice Spear.
A great movement skill for evading heavy attacks.
Grants temporary shield that absorbs damage. Linked with Cast When Damage Taken to be activated everytime you recieve a certain amount of damage.
Temporary buff that grants massive attack speed, use it on bosses.
Linked with Arcane Surge this skill will curse every enemy it touches reducing their cold resistance in 44%. It will also trigger Arcane Surge that grants a cast speed and spell damage buff everytime you spend a certain amount of mana.
Debuffs enemies’ cold resistance in 25% (Cold Exposure). Use it on bosses
Keep Chilling and Shocking your enemies for more damage and survivability.
Summon Lightning Golem
Minion that grants a cast speed buff. It's also supported by Culling Strike, so enemies with 10% life or lower are going to die instantly when this Golem touches them (This is awesome against big Bosses like Shaper).
- x% Increased Spell Damage
- x% Increased Maximum Life
- x% Increased Cold Damage
- x% Increased Cast Speed
- x% Increased Totem Damage
-x% Critical Multiplier
- Self-flaggelation - Here's the main reason why those curses are going to be a benefit, with this unique jewel placed in any jewel slot, you can get up to 240% increased damage, because it grants up to 20% increased damage per curse and you can have up to 12. (Mandatory)
- First Snow - 1 is recommended because we already use Greater Multiple Projectiles and the 2 extra projectiles from this Gem increase even more our clear speed.
Place them like this.
- Help Alira and get 20% critical multiplier, 15% to all elemental resistances and mana regeneration.
This build has an easy leveling process. You can start using Freezing Pulse right on level 1 and reaching level 8 you can also use Freezing Pulse Totems as auxiliary damage. Freezing Pulse Totems will be your main source of damage as soon as you reach Ancestral Bond on the skill tree. For auras and detailed leveling setups click here.
- Elreon Jewelry are in my opinion the best items to level any build, imagine goes all the way until lvl 50 ~ 60 without needing to spend one single Mana point. But low level ones might be hard to acquire if you are not playing on Standard. If you are playing on the Challenge League check the next ring.
- Praxis are the mana rings you want if you couldn't get a nice Elreon Ring. It grants a lot of mana regeneration and -8 to total mana cost of skills. (equipable at level 22)
- Atziri's Foible is an awesome amulet to solve any mana problems in early levels. (equipable at level 16)
- Lochitonial Caress for gloves, mainly because of it's cast speed buff. (equipable at level 1)
- Asenath's Mark is an offensive helmet, gives you even more cast speed. equipable at level 8)
- Goldrim is a defensive Helmet, gives you more elemental resistances (equipable at level 1)
- String of Servitude is another awesome and cheap way to get a lot of elemental resistances. (equipable at level 1).
- Wanderlust for movement speed and frozen immunity (equipable at level 3)
- Tabula Rasa is a great body armour for leveling, it provides a 6 Linked starting on level 1, not so cheap though. (equipable at level 1)
- Lifesprig is awesome to level cast speed characters, use two of them. (equipable at level 1)
- Spine of the First Claimant provides up to 64% increased Cold damage each, use two. (equipable at level 20)
- First Snow provides 2 extra Frostbolt projectiles, it's pretty cheap and helps a lot your leveling process, I highly recommend you to equip one as soon as you unlock a jewel slot.