HOLY FLAME TOTEM
This is an Chieftain based build focusing on the Skill Holy Flame Totem. This is a great build for beginners, since it has awesome survivability and it's pretty cheap to make.
Easy to play
Good currency farmer
Great Boss Damage
Immune to Curses
Reflect is not a problem
Clear Speed could be better
- The Covenant is mandatory for this build because socketed gems have Blood Magic, this way Mana will never be a problem. It also grants 10% increased life and Added Chaos Damage support.
- I recommend a rare Sceptre with "Gain x% Physical Damage as extra Fire and Lightning Damage" and Incresed Spell or Elemental Damage. Cheap Examples here. Expensive Examples here.
- As a very good budget option you can use Apep's Rage, it grants a huge amount of critical chance and spell damage.
- A rare helmet with life and elemental resistances. Examples here.
- Rare energy shield gloves with life and a bunch of elemental resistances. Examples here.
- If you don't have problems with elemental resistances, I highly recommend you to get a pair of Winds of Change, they grant 30% increased projectile speed and 50% projectile damage.
- Rare boots with movement speed, life, elemental resistances and energy shield. Examples here.
- A rare belt with life and elemental resistances. Examples here.
- An Essence Worm ring is mandotory, so we can use the Anger Aura without sacrificing a huge amount of mana.
- A rare Ring with life, Dexterity and some elemental resistances. Examples here.
- A rare Amulet with Life, Dexterity and some resistances. Examples here.
- Divine Life Flasks. Look for mods like ''instant recovery'', ''removes bleeding'' and ''removes freeze''. Examples here and here.
- Diamond Flask for more critical strikes. Look for mods like "increased duration" and "increased armour during flask effect". Examples here.
- Quicksilver Flask is awesome to increase your movement speed. Look for "Increased Duration" and "Increased Movement Speed during flask effect". Examples here.
- Silver Flask is another great choice to increase your cast speed. Look for "Increased Duration" and "Increased Movement Speed during flask effect". Examples here.
- The good old Atziri's Promise for a big boost to your damage.
- A Wise Oak to boost your damage with Fire penetration. Remember that your uncapped fire resistance must be the highest. Details here.
- Gloves: Of Reflection
- Boots: Elemental Penetration
P.S. Enchantments are not super important, so don't feel bad if you don't have the right ones ;)
- First Choice: Arcane Potency (Azure + Black + Silver)
- Alternative Option #1: Heartseeker (Teal + Crimson + Crimson)
- Alternative Option #2: //
FULL BUILD ATTRIBUTE REQUIREMENTS
- Strength: 130
- Dexterity: 155
- Intelligence: 155
Holy Flame Totem
Faster Projectiles (If 5 Sockets Linked)
Infused Channeling (If 6 Sockets Linked)
When facing bosses, change Faster Projectiles for Slower Projectiles
Vaal Righteous Fire
Arcane Surge (level 10)
Orb of Storms
Power Charge on Critical
Increased Critical Strike
Summon Lightning Golem
Herald of Ash
Cast When Damage Taken (level 11)
Steelskin (level 16)
HEALTH TYPE: Life
MAIN SKILL TYPE: Spell Totem
STARTER VIABLE: Yes
BEGINNER FRIENDLY: Yes
THIS BUILD'S FAQ
Is there a good place to buy unique items?
- Not only for unique items, poe.trade or pathofexile.com/trade are great websites for trading your items.
I'm lvl 40 and I'm dying a lot, what can I do?
- Please take a look at your Elemental Resistances, they are really important for your survivability. After lvl 40 try to keep at least 50% of each. The meximum is 75%, try to reach that when on end game.
I don't have as much HP as the gameplay shows and I've followed the Skill Tree step by step. Can you help me?
- Look for more HP at your rare gear. You can have ''+89 to maximum life'' on your helmet for instance.
You say the build is cheap, but a 6 Linked body armour is expensive. How?