ICE SHOT

BUILD

SUMMARY

CLASS: Ranger

ASCENDANCY: Deadeye

HEALTH TYPE: Life

MAIN SKILL TYPE: Projectile Attack

COST: $$$$$

DIFFICULTY: 1/5

STARTER VIABLE: Yes

BEGINNER FRIENDLY: Yes

GAMEPLAY: Here

INFORMATION

This is a Deadeye based build focusing the Skill Ice Shot. How about shattering several enemies in one single shot? That's what this build is and I'm sure you're going to enjoy it. Its very easy and cheap leveling process makes it a great choice for a beginner to start on a new League.

Pros

  • Cheap

  • Easy to play

  • Good Clear Speed

  • Safe Ranged Attacks

  • Awesome Single Target Damage

  • League Starter

Cons

  • Evasion Dependent

  • Vulnerable to Physical Damage

EQUIPMENT
  • BODY ARMOUR
- I recommend Queen of the Forest, it grants up to 2163 evasion, 70 life, elemental resistances and more movement speed. This body armour is the perfect combo for Tailwind.
- Another good choice is Belly of the Beast, it provides up to 40% increased maximum life and 15% to all elemental resistances.  
- ​You can also use a rare body armour with life, elemental resistances and evasion. Examples here.
  • BOW
- I recommend Lioneye's Glare, it has up to 358 physical DPS, 20% attack speed, and the mod ''hits can't be evaded'', so you don't need to worry with accuracy anymore.
- I highly recommend you to also have a Chin Sol as your secondary weapon (press X on the game to change between weapons) it provide 50% more damage at close range, and we're going to use it on bosses.
- If you have lots of currency you can buy a rare bow with over 500 physical DPS to replace Lioneye's Glare. Examples here.
  • HELMET
- ​A rare helmet with life, elemental resistances and evasion. Examples here.
- A Starkonja's Head is an awesome choice that provides 10% attack speed, 25% critical chance, up to +100 life and even a big boost to evasion when on low life.
- A more offensive helmet is Rat's Nest, it provides 15% attack speed, up to 75% critical chance and 10% movement speed.
  • GLOVES
- ​Rare gloves with life, elemental resistances and evasion. Examples here.
- I highly recommend Empire's Grasp, because this build has Point Blank and uses Chin Sol for single target damage. These unique gloves provide reversal knockback direction, so you are going to pull bosses closer to you for massive damage.
- Endgame bosses like the Guardians, Shaper and Elder are immune to knockback, when facing them change your Empire's Grasp for Winds of Change for up to 50% increased projectile damage.
  • BOOTS
- ​Rare boots with movement speed, life, elemental resistances and evasion. Examples here.
-  You can also use Atziri's Steps that provides high amount of evasion, life, movement speed and chance to dodge spells. 
  • BELT
- ​A rare belt with life, elemental resistances and elemental damage with attacks. Examples here.
  • QUIVER
- ​Rare quiver with life, critical chance, critical multiplier and if possible some resistances. Examples here.
- I recommend Drillneck, it's a good quiver to use with your Chin Sol for single target damage. It adds physical damage to attacks, life, 12% attack speed and 50% increased damage for pierced targets.
  • RING #1
- ​A rare ring with life, elemental resistances and elemental damage with attacks. Examples here
  • RING #2
- ​A rare ring with life, elemental resistances and elemental damage with attacks. Examples here.
  • AMULET
- A rare amulet with life, elemental resistances and elemental damage with attacks. Examples here.
  • FLASKS
- ​2 Divine Life Flasks. Look for mods like ''instant recovery'', ''removes bleeding'' and ''removes freeze''. Examples here and here.
- 1 Stibnite Flask for evasion boost and blind source for your enemies. Examples here.
- 1 Diamond Flask for more critical chance. Examples here.
- A Wise Oak to boost your damage with Cold penetration. Remember that your uncapped cold resistance must be the highest.
- The good old Atziri's Promise for a big boost to your damage and life leech. 
- If you have a good amount of currency you can also use Sin's Rebirth, Taste of Hate and Dying Sun for more Damage.
GEMS
  • BOW
Ice Shot
Elemental Damage with Attacks
Greater Multiple Projectiles
Mirage Archer
Added Cold Damage (If 5 Linked Sockets)
Chain (If 6 Linked Sockets)
  • GLOVES, BOOTS OR HELMET
Frost Bomb
Vaal Haste
Increased Duration
Vaal Grace
  • GLOVES, BOOTS OR HELMET
Enlighten
Faster Attacks
Blink Arrow
Hatred
  • GLOVES, BOOTS OR HELMET
Herald of Ice
Curse on Hit
Summon Ice Golem
Assassin's Mark
  • BODY ARMOUR
Barrage
Mirage Archer
Elemental Damage With Attacks
Added Cold Damage
Elemental Focus (If 6 Linked Sockets)
Cold Penetration (If 5 Linked Sockets)
 
THIS BUILD'S FAQ
  • Is there a good place to buy unique items?
- Not only for unique items, poe.trade or pathofexile.com/trade are great websites for trading your items.
  • I'm lvl 40 and I'm dying a lot, what can I do?
- Please take a look at your Elemental Resistances, they are really important for your survivability. After lvl 40 try to keep at least 50% of each. The meximum is 75%, try to reach that when on end game.
  • I don't have as much HP as the gameplay shows and I've followed the Skill Tree step by step. Can you help me?
- Look for more HP at your rare gear. You can have ''+89 to maximum life'' on your helmet for instance.
  • You say the build is cheap, but there are some expensive recommended items there. How?
- Those items are only recommended and not mandatory. Maximize a build with the best possible items and 6 Linkeds takes a good amount of currency. Start using 4 Linkeds on low tier maps in order to farm currency to upgrade your gear.
  • The DPS of barrage is lower than Ice Shot's. Why?
- The tootip DPS of Barrage only shows the DPS of 1 arrow. All arrows shot by Barrage can hit the target, so the effective DPS is way higher.
  • How can I alternate between my 2 equipped bows?
- Pressing X on your keyboard.

© 2017 POEBUILDS.NET ALL RIGHTS RESERVED