This is a Inquisitor based build focusing on the Skill Storm Burst. Cast tons of lightning projectiles in a nova destroying every enemy around you . A nice spell caster build.
Great Clear Speed
Ignore enemies' elemental resistances
Bad Single Target Damage
Vulnerable to Physical Damage
Stays too Close to enemies
- I recommend a Belly of the Beast, it provides up to 40% increased maximum life and 15% to all elemental resistances. but it's hard to get 4 blue sockets on it.
- A good alternative is Carcass Jack, it grants up to 12% to all elemental resistances, 70 life, 20% area of effect and 50% area damage. Easy to get 4 blue sockets.
- You can also use a rare body armour with life, elemental resistances and armour. Examples here.
- Sire of Shards is mandatory for this build, it gives the nova effect to your projectiles.
- If you want to make your single target damage better, you can use Duskdawn as secondary weapon. (Change weapons pressing X when fighting bosses)
- A rare helmet with life, elemental resistances and armour. Examples here.
- Rare gloves with life, elemental resistances and armour. Examples here.
- You can also use Facebreaker, because it provides critical multiplier and it's easy to get 4 blue sockets for the Orb of Storms setup.
- Rare boots with movement speed, life, elemental resistances and armour. Examples here.
- A rare belt with life and elemental resistances. Examples here.
- An Essence Worm ring is mandatory for this build, it gives us the chance to use an Aura without reserving any of your mana.
- A rare Unset Ring with life, dexterity and elemental resistances. Examples here.
- A rare amulet with life and elemental resistances. Examples here.
- 2 Divine Life Flasks. Look for mods like ''instant recovery'', ''removes bleeding'' and ''removes freeze''. Examples here and here.
- 1 Basalt Flask for aditiona physical damage reduction. Examples here.
- Rumi's Concoction for more armour and block chance.
- The good old Atziri's Promise for a big boost to your damage and life leech.
Cast While Channeling
Increased Critical Strikes (If 5 Linked Sockets)
Concentrated Effect (If 6 Linked Sockets)
BOOTS OR HELMET
Don't link Arctic Armour with the rest of the setup, or the mana reservation will be higher. Example here.
Orb of Storms
Curse on Hit
Power Charge on Critical
BOOTS OR HELMET
Cast When Damage Taken (level 1)
Immortal Call (level 3)
Vaal Storm Call
Increased Critical Strikes
Added Lightning Damage
Empower (If 6 Linked Sockets)
Increased Critical Damage (If 5 Linked Sockets)
HEALTH TYPE: Life
MAIN SKILL TYPE: Projectile Spell
STARTER VIABLE: Yes
BEGINNER FRIENDLY: Yes
THIS BUILD'S FAQ
Is there a good place to buy unique items?
- Not only for unique items, poe.trade or pathofexile.com/trade are great websites for trading your items.
I'm lvl 40 and I'm dying a lot, what can I do?
- Please take a look at your Elemental Resistances, they are really important for your survivability. After lvl 40 try to keep at least 50% of each. The meximum is 75%, try to reach that when on end game.
I don't have as much HP as the gameplay shows and I've followed the Skill Tree step by step. Can you help me?
- Look for more HP at your rare gear. You can have ''+89 to maximum life'' on your helmet for instance.
You say the build is cheap, but there are some expensive recommended items there. How?
- Those items are only recommended and not mandatory. Maximize a build with the best possible items and 6 Linkeds takes a good amount of currency. Start using 4 Linkeds on low tier maps in order to farm currency to upgrade your gear.
Why Cast When Damage Taken at level 1 and Immortal Call at level 3?
- Cast When Damage Taken can only support spell gems that have the same required level or lower. At level 1 the required level of Cast When Damage Taken is 38, the same as Immortal Call at level 3.
How do you generate Power charges?