Main source of damage. Fires a projectile that turns towards enemies in front of it, damaging and piercing through those it hits, and leeching some of that damage as energy shield. As the projectile travels, it repeatedly applies a short but powerful chaos damage over time debuff to each enemy in an area around it.
Not only deals a lot of damage over time to work with your Soulrend, it also applies the linked curses. Despair and Temporal Chains are the curses to link to it, but remember that Temporal Chains can only enter after you reach the Whisper of Doom node in your passive tree. This node allows you to curse enemies with an additional curse.
Blight totems are going to Hinder bosses and apply the Wither debuff for a lot of extra chaos damage taken.
Orb of Storms
It will trigger Arcane Surge for more spell damage and cast speed. Above all it's also linked with Culling Strike, this means that it will instant kill enemies with 10% life or lower.
Great movement skill to dodge heavy attacks.
Vaal Righteous Fire
Temporary aura that grants 39% more spell damage. (use it on bosses)
Temporary aura that grants a huge amount of chance to dodge attacks and spells. (use it on bosses)
Aura that grants more Damage over Time, it must be in your Essence Worm ring.
Aura that grants extra mana regeneration.
- Spell Damage
- Chaos Damage
- Damage over Time
- DoT Multiplier
- Maximum Life
- I highly recommend you to get an Abyssal jewel with "Chance to gain Onslaught on kill", it increases a lot your clear speed. Examples here.
- Help Eramir and get 2 extra Passive Points for your Skill Tree.
This build has an easy leveling process. You can start using Spark until level 12, then change to Essence Drain/Contagion until level 28, then you can finally start casting Soulrend and Bane. For auras and detailed leveling setups click here.
- Elreon Jewelry are in my opinion the best items to level any build, imagine goes all the way until lvl 50 ~ 60 without needing to spend one single Mana point. But low level ones might be hard to acquire if you are not playing on Standard. If you are playing on the Challenge League check the next ring.
- Praxis are the mana rings you want if you couldn't get a nice Elreon Ring. It grants a lot of mana regeneration and -8 to total mana cost of skills. (equipable at level 22)
- Lochitonial Caress for gloves, mainly because of it's cast speed buff. (equipable at level 1)
- Asenath's Mark is an offensive helmet, gives you even more cast speed. equipable at level 8)
- Goldrim is a defensive Helmet, gives you more elemental resistances (equipable at level 1)
- String of Servitude is another awesome and cheap way to get a lot of elemental resistances. (equipable at level 1).
- Wanderlust for movement speed and frozen immunity (equipable at level 3)
- Tabula Rasa is a great body armour for leveling, it provides a 6 Linked starting on level 1, not so cheap though. (equipable at level 1)
- Lifesprig is awesome to level cast speed characters, use two of them. (equipable at level 1)