Main source of damage. Your melee weapon strikes an enemy, converting it's damage to a random element. Then, depending on the element chosen, it releases an explosion, an arcing bolt of lightning or an icy wave.
Vaal Lightning Strike
Reliable source of single target damage and can also shock bosses for more damage taken
Awesome movement skill
Grants temporary physical damage immunity. Linked with Cast When Damage Taken to be activated everytime you recieve a certain amount of damage.
Temporary buff that grants massive attack speed, use it on bosses.
Aura that grants massive amount of evasion.
Linked with Curse on Hit and Conductivity, it will curse everything it touches for -44% lightning resistance. It casts automatically when you take a certain amount of damage, because of Cast When Damage Taken.
Summon Ice Golem
A minion that grants critical chance and accuracy
A aura that grants extra lightning damage
- Way of the Poacher for more attack speed and Frenzy charges generation
- Avatar of Slaughter for more attack speed, movement speed, attack damage and 1 extra Frenzy charge.
- Quartz Infusion for more survivability.
- Avatar of the Veil for more elemental damage, movement speed, immunity to elemental status ailments and chance to dodge spell damage.
STEP BY STEP
- Check the steps here
- Soul of Lunaris
- Soul of Tukohama
- x% Increased Melee Damage
- x% Increased Maximum Life
- x% Increased Lightning Damage
- x% Increased Attack Speed
- x% Increased Sword Damage
- Viridian Grand Spectrum (expensive but not mandatory)
- Static Electricity (recommended)
- Place them like this.
KILL ALL BANDITS
- Help Eramir and get 2 extra Passive Points for your Skill Tree.
This build has an easy leveling process. You can start using Lightning Strike until level 28, then you change for Wild Strike. For auras you can use Herald of Thunder at lvl 16 and Wrath at lvl 24, around lvl 60 change Herald of Thunder for Grace and place Wrath in your Essence Worm. For detailed leveling setups click here.
- Elreon Jewelry are in my opinion the best items to level any build, imagine goes all the way until lvl 50 ~ 60 without needing to spend one single Mana point. It's very cheap and you can start using already at lvl 1. I like to use 2 or even 3 of them for leveling
- Lochitonial Caress for gloves, mainly because of it's attack speed buff. (equipable at level 1)
- Asenath's Mark is an offensive helmet, gives you even more attack speed. equipable at level 8)
- Goldrim is a defensive Helmet, gives you more elemental resistances (equipable at level 1)
- The Princess is a low level sword with good attack speed (equipable at level 10).
- Lakishu's Blade better amount of attack speed and damage (equipable at level 28).
- Innsbury Edge better attack damage, is going to make your way until Hyaon's Fury on lvl 62 easy. (equipable at lvl 47)
THIS BUILD'S FAQ
Is there a good place to buy unique items?
- Not only for unique items, poe.trade or pathofexile.com/trade are great websites for trading your items.
I'm lvl 40 and I'm dying a lot, what can I do?
- Please take a look at your Elemental Resistances, they are really important for your survivability. After lvl 40 try to keep at least 50% of each. The meximum is 75%, try to reach that when on end game.
I don't have as much HP as the gameplay shows and I've followed the Skill Tree step by step. Can you help me?
- Look for more HP at your rare gear. You can have ''+89 to maximum life'' on your helmet for instance.
You say the build is cheap, but there are some expensive recommended items there. How?
- Those items are only recommended and not mandatory. Maximize a build with the best possible items and 6 Linkeds takes a good amount of currency. Start using 4 Linkeds on low tier maps in order to farm currency to upgrade your gear.
All my mana is reserved, what can I do?
- The Essence Worm ring is listed as mandatory for this build. Auras socketed on this ring do not reserve any mana, place your Wrath there.
Why Cast When Damage Taken at level 1 and Immortal Call at level 3?
- Cast When Damage Taken can only support spell gems that have the same required level or lower. At level 1 the required level of Cast When Damage Taken is 38, the same as Immortal Call at level 3.
Cast When Damage Taken cannot trigger Vaal skills, why do you put them on the same setup?
- Vaal Haste is not there to be triggered by Cast When Damage Taken, but to be supported by Increased Duration.
My Blade Vortex setup isn't cursing enemies, what am I doing wrong?
- Please be sure that your Cast When Damage Taken is level 1, Blade Vortex level 8 or lower and Cunductivity level 6 or higher.
How do you generate Frenzy charges?
- The ascendancy Raider has a passive called Way of the Poacher that grants 20% chance to get a Frenzy charge on kill and 20% chance to get a Frenzy charge when hit a rare or unique enemy.
Why Immortal Call if you don't generate Endurance charges?
- Endurance charges are not mandatory for Immortal Call to work, they just make it last longer.
Why does my Grand Spectrum have only 4% increased elemental damage?
- This is an old version of the item and can only be found on Standard League, look for the 12% one.
How can 3 Grand Spectrum jewels with 12% each generate a total of 108% increased Elemental Damage?